Established by ISRO, Department of Space, the school started functioning from 1976 and is catering to the educational needs of the children of employees of VSSC, ISRO. Fresh admission is done in each class up to 31st of July and the maximum strength is limited to 40. Science and Commerce streams are offered at the Senior Secondary level.
The students are admitted as per the following priorities.
- Priority I - Children of VSSC, IISU, LPSC & IIST employees residing in ISRO Staff Quarters.
- Priority II - Children of CISF Personnel of these Centres residing in ISRO Staff Quarters.
- Priority III - Children of VSSC, IISU, LPSC & IIST employees residing outside the Quarters.
- Priority IV - Children of CISF Personnel of these Centres residing outside the Quarters.
- Priority V - Grandchildren of serving/retired employees of ISRO.
The circular for admission will be issued by Principal, in the first week of January. For classes II to VIII request in a plain paper will be accepted. Admission tests are not conducted for classes I to VIII. Admission test will be conducted for admission to class IX. Admission to classes X and XII is subjected to the approval from CBSE.
Class XI admission will start immediately after announcement of the result of All India Secondary School Examination by the Board.
- Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
- Incomplete application form will be rejected.
- Admission secured on the basis of any wrong certificate/ testimonial shall be cancelled by the Principal and no appeal against such action of Principal shall be entertained.