Libraries are springs from which knowledge flows to irrigate the wide fields of education and culture”- Dr Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan, the father of Library Science, Documentation and Information Science in India.
One of the major goals of our school library is to promote reading habit among the students and to update the information and knowledge base of students and teachers using modern information and communication technology.
Aims & Objectives of our school library
- To contribute to the fulfillment of the educational aims of the school.
- To promote the use of various library resources in teaching and library process.
- To educate the students in independent learning and to enhance class room teaching.
- To encourage the habit of personal investigation.
- To encourage life long education/learning through the use of library resources.
- To acquire all types of resources( books/non book) for maximum utilization by providing various library services.
- To cultivate reading habit and guide the pupil.
The school has a new well equipped fully air-conditioned library with more than 7000 books, four national newspapers namely The Hindu, Indian Express, Malayala Manoroma, Mathrubhumi and magazines like Current science, Frontline, Alive, Reader’s Digest, India Today, Competition Success Review, The Week, Sports star, Tinkle, Balarama, Chandamama etc. In addition to this, the reference section contains more than 600 books with - dictionaries, tourist books and encyclopaedias like Britannica(30 volumes),McGraw Hill encyclopaedia of science and technology(20 volumes) and encyclopaedia of animals(20 volumes).
The library has a number of audio visual aids also. A 29 inch TV, Audio and video player, Photophones with screen and also more than 400 educational CDs are available in the library. Maps and illuminated globes of Earth, Moon and Universe are also available in the library.
To improve the reading habit of children of smaller classes , the class library system is being followed for classes I to V. Open access system is introduced to children of higher classes. Teachers and students make use of the library with the help of well experienced librarian. Book reviews and word exercises are regularly done to ensure and enhance reading habits in students. Students’ creativity, interesting articles, and details about books are regularly kept on display.