VSSC Central School, a project school fully funded and managed by VSSC, ISRO, Department of Space and affiliated to the CBSE offers quality value based education to students from the first standard up to the Senior Secondary level. The School is located in the picturesque and scenic beauty of the Veli Hills. Laced with the Arabian Sea close to Kazhakuttom, Thiruvananthapuram, the school has the distinction of having the ambience of Space technology. It is blessed with well qualified, experienced teaching faculty and has all the infrastructural facilities. The facilities include well equipped Laboratories, a full fledged Library, an Auditorium, an Indoor shuttle Court, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Hockey Courts and an expansive playground. The school offers Science and Commerce streams at the Senior Secondary level and provides an exposure to space related activities. The school is primarily meant for the wards of VSSC/LPSC/ISRO employees.
- The school started functioning on 28 June 1976 in a type-II Quarter in the Housing Colony Thumba, with classes I to V. Shri C. Subramaniam, the then Controller, VSSC inaugurated the school in the presence of Shri MPR. Panicker, Administrative Officer,a few officials of VSSC, 28 students and their parents.
- The four founder teachers were Smt K.C.Padmakumari, Smt M. Leelamoni, Kum Rema Nagarajan and Kum Rugmini Devi.
- Shri M.S. Anantha Ramu joined as Vice-Principal on 10-9-1976.
- First of the five blocks of the school building was completed and the classes were shifted to the new building.
- The staff strength was seven.